“The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
My sweet friend Megan Card nominated me for a Sunshine award – this is the first time I have ever been nominated for a blog award. The first thing I need to do is give you 11 random facts about me, answer questions from Megan and then nominate a few of my favorite bloggers to receive the Sunshine award and spread the love.
- I HATE sweet tea! Every body thinks that if you are from Texas that you are suppose to like sweet tea but I think it is so disgusting.
- When I was in 3rd grade a little boy stuck a sharp pencil in my leg and I still have the mark to prove it happened.
- I love Big Red and Paydays (they are my weaknesses).
- At one point of my college career at Texas A&M I was there with my brother and 3 of my cousins. We had a lot of fun together.
- I can play the piano.
- I love to eat grilled cheese sandwiches with miracle whip.
- I like to cross stitch.
- I won the State Competition of Bible Drill when I was in elementary school.
- I listen to all types of music – Christian, Country, Techno, Rock, etc…
- My husband and I meet at a tattoo parlor.
- My husband planned a trip to NYC and proposed to me on a special bridge in Central Park.
Questions from Megan…
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I would move to London. This almost became a reality for my family about a month ago. I would love to raise our girls overseas for 3 to 4 years and bring them back to the US around 4th or 5th grade. If we were in London there would not be a language barrier and we would be able to experience so many new things and travel to some amazing places.
Which do you prefer, coffee or tea?
Coffee – with lots of cream and splenda!
What is your most embarrassing memory?
I am very clumsy so I have a lot of stories. One that sticks out is when I wasn’t paying attention and I walked into a poll and then tried to pretend like it didn’t happen. However, everyone in the parking lot saw me and they were laughing.
Cats or dogs?
DOGS! I have two dogs (Maggie and Jack – pugs). Cats give me the creeps.
If failure were not an option, what would your dream job be and why?
I know this is crazy but if someone would pay me to be a stay-at-home-mom I would quit my job today! I would love to be home when my girls get home from school, be involved in their schools, and always have a clean house and dinner on the table every day. I can dream right???