Woohoo!!! So glad that it is Friday. I can not believe we only have 6 weeks left of school! Summer will be here before we know it. I thought this would be a perfect post for the 5 things that I am looking forward to doing this summer.
1. LOTS OF SWIMMING!!!! Once warmer temperatures arrive we live in our backyard. The girls pretty much swim every day, unless it is raining. They will have a great tan by August and we will have gone through a lot of sunscreen.
2. We kick the summer off with Abigail’s 7th birthday. Before I continue let me go set in the corner and cry!! Okay now back to the party planning. Abigail has been planning her own party since January. Her vision is a basketball/soccer/swimming/sleepover party. I think I will compromise and it will be a Sport’s Theme/Swimming party. I love to plan birthday parties!!! Every birthday party they have had has always been hosted in our home, so this means I have to plan some fun kids activities and I have a lot of decorating to do.
3. Summer Camps. We have signed the girls up for several summer sports camps. Both girls are so excited to try to some new sports. They are both going to a tennis camp. They have only played tennis at school during PE so hopefully they will like the camp. After tennis they will have basketball and probably volleyball. We have a busy summer planned for these girls!
4. We have not planned a summer vacation yet but we took a big family vacation last year so this year we will probably do a staycation. There are so many great things to do around the DFW area and we could visit a new place almost every weekend during the summer. The girls love Great Wolf Lodge so that will probably be one stop this summer.
Here they are when we went to the Great Wolf Lodge for the first time. They look so young!!
5. Finally, as of today I will be on the PTA board for our girls’ school next year so that means I will be attending the state PTA conference this summer. Danny and I have always been very active in our girl’s school. I am really excited to be a part of this great group of ladies and be able to be more involve with our daughter’s school.
Have a great Friday!!
Linked up with the following girls…